We don’t have an April Fool’s joke for you this year. Instead, we wanted to celebrate the 18th anniversary of Storm Front‘s publication on April 1st, 2000. That’s right, The Dresden Files is legal! Today, the series can do the following things:
- Vote (likely for whatever’s the most contrarian position)
- Buy a lottery ticket (ill-advised with Harry’s luck)
- Buy cigarettes (though Harry leaves enough things smoking)
- Get a tattoo (Susan has some great ideas. Molly has some terrible ones.)
- Donate blood (Harry’s gonna need it)
- Serve on a jury (Hey, there’s a short story about that!)
- Buy fireworks (don’t try to match the One Woman Rave)
- Go to jail (do not collect $200)
- Have intimate relations with other consenting 18+ year old book series (what’s Anita Blake up to these days?)
- Take Fool Moon to Rated-R movies.
We’re so grateful to our fans for 18 incredible years, and we look forward to entertaining you for many more.
In case you missed them, here are some of our April Fool’s pranks from the past:
2016 — Dresden Files Special Edition
2015 — Dresden Novels on Hiatus
2014 — Dresden Files coming to Broadway
2012 — Bigfoot Paranormal Romance
2011 — Fool Moon comic reboot and Li’l Harry Adventures
And a bonus: 2014 — Tower of Turtles’ sneak preview of Red Sun
Happy April Fool’s Day!