Evil Hat expects to see the book reach retail stores by June 1st of this year. This book is a beast—it’ll clock in at 372 pages, almost as big as volume one of the RPG—and gorgeous as heck (you can download a preview at that link).
Evil Hat also tells us they’ll be running an instant content preorder for the book starting sometime in March (probably after their current Kickstarter concludes). An instant content preorder works like this: you order the physical book now, and they send you the PDF of the book right away and the physical book when it’s ready in June. Evil Hat will be inviting retail game stores to participate in the instant content preorder as well, via the Bits & Mortar website.
Here are the details about the book:
Stand together against the darkness…
In Jim Butcher’s bestselling Dresden Files books, the forces of good bond together into an organization called the Paranet in a desperate attempt to turn the tides of their equally desperate war against big baddies like the Fomor and the Denarians. Now you can bring the Paranet to your Dresden Files RPG game with the Paranet Papers supplement.
Travel to exotic locations like Las Vegas and South America to fight evil. Team up with characters from Turn Coat and Changes to fight evil. Join up with other Paranetters to…well, you get the picture.
The Dresden Files RPG Volume 3: Paranet Papers includes the following material:
- Updated information through the Dresden Files novel Changes, with hints of Ghost Story
- Detailed information on four key Dresdenverse times and places: Las Vegas, the Russian Revolution, the Neverglades, and Las Tierras Rojas/the Red Lands
- Detailed rules and setting information for navigating the spirit world known as the Nevernever
- Updated magical systems, including new material on soulfire, sponsorship, and thaumaturgy
- New and updated creatures to populate your game, including demons, archangels, creatures of the Nevernever, and scions
- Character updates and new characters introduced to the Dresdenverse
And speaking of Evil Hat, they’re running a Kickstarter campaign right now for Don’t Turn Your Back, a board game set in their delightfully creepy Don’t Rest Your Head setting. Fans of horror, urban fantasy, and dark dreams will want to check this one out for its psychedelic flavor. The campaign ends on March 4th, so don’t wait too long to check this one out!
In other Jim-related news, unfortunately we have to report that the upcoming NSU events in Oklahoma in two weeks have been canceled due to a family issue. Here are the new dates for the NSU events:
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 1-2 p.m.: NSU Tahlequah Webb Auditorium
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 6-7 p.m.: NSU Tahlequah Webb Auditorium
- Thursday, March 26, 2015, 1-2 p.m.: NSU Broken Arrow Auditorium
- Thursday, March 26, 2015, 6-7 p.m.: NSU Broken Arrow Auditorium
Looking for somewhere to talk about the Dresden Files RPG? Don’t forget we have a thriving DFRPG discussion area on Jim’s forum. See you there!